The Vision of Drive Electric Florida (DEFL) is to advance the energy, economic and environmental security of the state of Florida by promoting the growth of Plug-In Electric Vehicles (PEV) and infrastructure across all transportation sectors. Our mission is to support and accelerate the adoption of PEVs in Florida by engaging and educating the public, businesses and policy-makers; facilitating collaboration, and supporting PEV friendly policies and programs. Members of Drive Electric Florida are stakeholders from across the state that include representatives of automakers, PEV infrastructure providers, utilities, local government, universities, Clean Cities coalitions, environmentalists, and the leadership of PEV enthusiast groups. DEFL is committed to working on priorities with a broad-based statewide impact, with the intent to make it easy for others to take action.
- Networking opportunities through meetings that bring together DEFL members and invited guests for strategic discussions on issues that will further the DEFL vision and mission.
- Access to “Best Practices” for electric drive from peers in the state of Florida.
- Invitations to participate in special workshops, meetings and events held by other relevant stakeholder groups.
- Invitation to participate in formation of state EV policy initiatives.
- Communications and updates on DEFL activities and state PEV news.
- Placement of organization’s logo on the DEFL website.
- Provide a representative to participate in membership meetings.
- Pay annual membership dues.
- National and International Automakers $5,000 – (Voting)
- Power Service Providers $10,000 – (Voting)
- Multi-state PEV Charging and Network Service Providers $10,000 – (Voting)
- Municipal Utility or Electric Cooperative $2,500 – (Voting)
- Support Organizations (Non-profit Environmental or Alliance, Manufacturing, Publishing, Other) $500 – (Voting)
- State, Local Government and Universities/Colleges $1,000 – (Voting)
- Florida-Based Small Business or Start Up (under 250 employees) $500 – (Voting)
- Out of State Small Business or Start Up (under 250 employees) $1,000 – (Voting)
- Student, EV Enthusiast (Individual or Group) $50 – (Non-Voting)
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DUES
Complete this membership application and remit it with the appropriate dues payment. Membership determination is subject to review and approval of the DEFL Board of Directors. The DEFL dues cycle runs from January 1 to December 31.
Complete the form if you are interested in becoming a Drive Electric Florida member.
Please contact us if you have additional questions – Membership@DriveElectricFlorida.org.