Communications and Research Associate
|Position:||Communications and Research Coordinator|
|Location:||Tallahassee, Florida (Virtual option considered)|
Drive Electric Florida is a diverse stakeholder organization, supporting the adoption and integration of electric transportation in Florida. We engage in outreach, education, consultation, and policy development to support the transition to clean electric vehicles and the supporting infrastructure.
Position Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support research, marketing and public relations activities, including writing and editing
- Coordinate activities that will enhance DEFL’s social media efforts and website
- Collaborate with organization’s Executive Director, Board, members and stakeholders
- Assist with planning and conducting DEFL outreach and education events
- Assist with research and reporting
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and other events
- Full time independent contractor. Remote working with periodic in-person meetings.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in media, communications, or a related field. Entry level experience in marketing, market research, education, and communications planning desired. A portfolio of prior social media and outreach efforts, or similar demonstrable skills and experience is required.
Required Skill Sets
Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to readily absorb and comprehend information and data. Must have good organizational skills and excellent follow up. Intermediate-to-advanced skills in the development and use of social media and website development required. Significant experience in the MS Office environment needed.
Full compensation for all services provided by the independent contractor will be at a competitive, agreed upon rate, to be paid on a biweekly basis upon presentation of detailed invoices. Compensation for pre-approved travel will be paid with documentation of expenses. Contractor will be expected to cover the costs of their own office space, equipment, and related overhead expenses.
Submit cover letter and resume to Matt Alford, Executive Director email@example.com